1. When is the deadline for applying to Mundus Urbano?
15th January each year for candidates who would like to be considered for MU scholarship. Otherwise, 15th April of each year for self-finaning students.
2. What are certified copies?
A certified copy is a copy (often a photocopy) of a primary document, which has on it an endorsement or certification that it is a valid and true copy of the primary document. Such certification is provided and signed by a nominated person or institution, authorised by legislation to do so. The authorised person/institution varies between countries. For example, they can be: a court clerk, solicitor, or public notary.
3. What is a single compiled .pdf file?
A dossier compiling ALL required documentation into one file.
4. What is the required documentation in order to apply to Mundus Urbano?
In addition to the documents required by TU Darmstadt’s online application listed on the application form, you will need to provide:
- statement of motivation (max. 2 pages) detailing: assessment of previous academic focus, previous work experience and its relevance to the Mundus Urbano course, the benefit that the course may contribute for your future career, your preferred choice for second year mobility, short overview on how you plan to finance your studies
- list of publications (if any)
- proof of nationality (scan/copy of passport)
- reference names and contact data (optional)
- proof of professional or academic work experience and length
- proof of English language requirement
- additional questions form
5. Do you have to translate ALL your documentation to English?
Yes. ALL documents that you wish to include in your package must be translated to English if you wish them to be considered as part of your application.
6. Do I have to include recommendation letters in my application package?
No. You may do so if you wish and if you particularly feel that the reference letter will add weight to your application.
7. What is the link to complete the online application to TU-Darmstadt?
You can complete the online application here: online application for degree programmes.
8. Can I transfer application paperwork from one year to the other?
At the moment, you may not. You are required to send your application again. This allows you to improve the strength of your application.
9. When will I be informed if I was accepted to Mundus Urbano?
You will be informed approximately at the end of April or beginning of May each year.
1. May I send my English test results later than other documents?
We strongly advise applicants to include ALL documentation in the application file. If it is not possible, your English language proficiency certification must be sent by the end of January at the latest.
2. Do I have to speak German, French or Spanish to join the program?
No, the official language for the course is English. This is why you have to provide an official English proficiency certificate.
3. What kind of English knowledge certification do I need to apply to Mundus Urbano?
You require an official certificate by: TOEFL, IELTS, UNICert III (or proof that previous university studies were conducted in English)
4. What are the results required for my English proficiency examination?
Proof of English language proficiency can be obtained through TOEFL, IELTS, or UNICert. Mundus Urbano considers the following minimum scores for applications:
- Minimum TOEFL score: 570 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 88 (internet-based).
- Minimum IELTS score: 6.5.
- Minimum UNICert level: III.
Applicants whose native language is English or who received their previous university degree from an exclusively English speaking university are exempt from this requirement.
5. What is the university code to send the English certificate?
We do not have a university code. Ask your scores to be sent to the following address:
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Fachbereich Architektur- Mundus Urbano
1. What are the criteria for selecting applications?
The applications are assessed according to the following criteria:
- Completeness of documents
- Previous university marks
- Length of previous university studies
- Relevance of overall experience according to CV
- Relevant work experience
- Career objective as portrayed by the statement of motivation
- Knowledge of languages
- Number and relevance of possible publications
2. What kind of grades should I have in order to apply to Mundus Urbano?
Academic excellence is preferred for assigning a scholarship, but other criteria are also relevant when evaluating your application. We advise you to complete your application with your best effort if this is the programme you are looking for. The statement of motivation and CV also play a significant role in the evaluation process.
3. Can I apply to Mundus Urbano if I have not finished my bachelor degree?
No you may not. You require a completed bachelor degree and are advised to acquire some professional work experience before applying.
4. What kind of previous studies do I need to have in order to apply to Mundus Urbano?
Due to the multidisciplinary approach of our program, we encourage professionals of diverse backgrounds to apply to the master’s programme. Previous cohorts included people who came from various disciplines: architecture, urban planning, engineering, business, law, and sociology, to name a few. Nonetheless, some previous knowledge in the fields of urban development and/or international cooperation is required to enter the programme. Check the profiles of Mundus Urbano students to see the diverse backgrounds of previous cohorts.
5. What kind of work experience do I need to apply to Mundus Urbano?
As the main theme of the programme is international cooperation in urban development, you are advised to have experience in related professional fields for your application to be successful.
6. Can I apply to Mundus Urbano without having completed one year of relevant work experience?
You may apply to the program, but due to the nature of Mundus Urbano as an advanced masteräs programme, it is strongly recommended that applicants have worked or completed internships before applying, preferably in fields relevant to the course. However, this it is not an excluding factor, especially for recent graduates.
1. If I am only interested in one of the second year (mobility) programs in Barcelona, Rome or Grenoble, do I still have to apply to Mundus Urbano?
No, you should contact these programs directly and apply according to their selection process.