Application procedure for international students
Step 1: Application to TU-Darmstadt
The application process for the TU Darmstadt requires that all students register and complete an application form online.
The online application is accessible through the following link.
Please select the programme "International Cooperation and Urban Development (Master)".
On completion of the online application process you will obtain a registration number that you will need in step 2. Print your online application form and include it in the documentation to be sent to the TU Darmstadt International Office, and also include a copy in your electronic application (step 3).
Step 2: Mundus Urbano programme application
Please download the Mundus Urbano Application Form and fully complete it, ensuring that your registration number from the TU Darmstadt application form is included in the space provided.
Step 3: Prepare the following documentation for your application:
- TU-Darmstadt online application form
- Mundus Urbano application form (for both Erasmus Mundus scholarship and self-financed applications)
- Academic degree in the original language, and a certified English translation
- Transcript of records for each semester in the original language, and a certified English translation
- Proof of English language proficiency through TOEFL, IELTS, UNICert III, or proof that previous university studies were conducted in English (not required for native English speakers)
- Copy of valid passport or identity card
- Proof of at least one year of relevant work experience - certified by a letter from your employer(s). Includes relevant volunteer work and internships
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae – any format
- Motivation letter – 2 pages max.
- Two documents regarding your residence:
- a residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate's municipality normal registration rules;
- a certificate from the candidate's place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question.
Both documents must have been issued within 12 months before the submission deadline of applying for the student scholarship.
- Applicants from China, Mongolia and Vietnam are required to submit an APS certificate along with all other application documents
Step 4: Submit your hardcopy and electronic versions of the application documents
One set of all hard copy documents with the necessary certified copies (see below*) is to be sent to the TU Darmstadt International Office (Akademische Auslandsamt) at the following address:
S1|01 R109 - 115
More information on the website of Akademisches Auslandsamt.
Do not send original documents.
*A certified copy is a copy (often a photocopy) of a primary document, which has on it an endorsement or certification that it is a valid and true copy of the primary document. Such certification is provided and signed by a nominated person or institution, authorised by legislation to do so. The authorised person/institution varies between countries, and can be, for example, a court clerk, solicitor, or public notary.
Simultaneously, you will need to prepare an electronic version of your entire application by scanning your documents and compiling them into one single PDF file (family name_name_country of origin). This electronic version of your application must be sent to mail(at)mundus-urbano.eu.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted or considered for any scholarship awards.
Please ensure that you send only one PDF document with your electronic submission. Multiple pdfs will not be accepted.
Please do not include any portfolio work with your application.
Please make sure to fill the forms designating only one nationality. This is important for the processing of the application.
The full application must be written and submitted in English. Any application documents, which are not originally in English, must be supplemented with a valid translation.
If your application is not sent on or before December 1st each year (postmarked date for hard documents) you will not be considered for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship award.
Students may apply for maximum of 3 (three) Erasmus+ courses.
You can track the progress of your application to the University using your registered online application account. After revision of your documentation, the International Office will determine your formal eligibility to study at TU Darmstadt. In case your application is approved, your documents will be forwarded to the Mundus Urbano management office.
Please remember that eligibility to study at the TU Darmstadt does not guarantee a place in the Mundus Urbano programme. Places in the Mundus Urbano Programme are limited to 30 per year.
The Mundus Urbano management office and consortium will process applications and will select candidates for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship awards according to specific evaluation criteria.
Scholarship decisions will be communicated to all applicants between end of June and July each year.
Should you not be selected as an Erasmus Mundus scholarship holder, your application may then be considered for a place as a self-financed student.
Please ensure you have indicated on your Mundus Urbano Application Form whether or not you wish to be considered as a self-financed student should you not be successful with your scholarship application.
Students awarded places in the Mundus Urbano programme will have to confirm their participation both electronically and in writing. Further details will be personally communicated to all successful applicants regarding these issues.
For further enquiries regarding the application process please send an email to mail(at)mundus-urbano.eu.
Please find the template for the Erasmus-Mundus Scholarship contract here.